Wednesday, August 14, 2013

This morning we dashed up to the Post to pick up a box of peaches! We haven't tried them yet, but we are sure they will be delicious. From there we dropped them back off at the apartment and then went to our first Zone Meeting with President Cottle and our new Georgia Macon Mission. We had excellent training and enjoyed all that these fine young missionaries prepared for this conference.

We left the conference early to be able to attend the graduation of 6 of our LDS soldiers and 2 soldiers, although not members came to our meetings. We also filmed the soldiers reciting the Soldier's Creed. It is as follows:
I am an American Soldier
I am a warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States 
and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat. 
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, 
trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself.
I am an expert, and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy
the enemies of the United Sates of America in close 
combat.
I am a guardian of freedom
and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.


Brothers Baker, Callahan, Martin, Buck, Barney, NG (Ning)
Brothers Martin and NG were not members, but they came out to our services
Brother Carroll
Brother Hammon

Photo from our Zone Conference
President and Sister Cottle are seated on the left of the photo. In the center is his first counselor President McCoy and to the right is the Mission Doctor, Brother and Sister Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment