Monday, May 21, 2012

Yesterday's blog was written sometime early in the afternoon. I want to write about the evening meetings we attended. We first attended our exit devotional; the MTC president spoke along with one of his counselors. It was excellent. I cannot devulge all that was spoken, so you will have to trust me. Then we walked over to the Sunday evening Fireside, which began at 7pm. President and Sister Dains, the Provo Temple president and matron spoke. Again this was another excellent meeting. They both spoke on material covering the temple. Karen and I were completely edified and instructed on new things that I had never considered concerning the Temple. Every once in a while the Lord opens to view new ideas, new things to consider and ponder about the temple. There is so much to learn about; only those who make temple attendance an often and consistant part of their lives will ever begin to know and understand all that can be learned there. I know that I have bearly scratched the surface.

Today, Karen and I began our Church Education System (CES) training. This was wonderful. It will be as good as last week's training. We began today an intense study of the process and procedures for proper instruction, lesson planning and delivery to youth and young adults. I look forward to tomorrow's instruction.

I gave a copy of my two books to one of the instructors; he absolutely loved them. I will give him copies of all my works, both published and unpublished for use as he sees fit in the CES program. I think I finally found a place for them! I'm sure he will be able to put them to good use in the CES world.

No comments:

Post a Comment